This is a thread to discuss and suggest the rules for the ELP forums. Our summer interns (@eavq, @Tzintia_Montano, @HerculesMunda, @MiraK ) are currently drafting some rules and moderation guidelines, but if you have any suggestions for rules you think would be helpful, post them here!
As an ELP community member and forum moderator:
- I accept and promise to follow all the above guidelines.
- I agree to take action as specified by the ELP Moderator Guidelines.
- I agree to abide by the documented tasks and actions required by my role as a Moderator to uphold the quality of the forum and the quality of its information.
ELP is a global community of language lovers
We believe that everyone should have access to free information on language and culture. Our guidelines are meant to build a mutual understanding of what being a part of this community is all about. We will take action if any of these guidelines are not upheld, so please read carefully.
1. Always be Respectful
You agree to be aware of potential multiple cultural differences between the users and your fellow community members.
2. Mental Health is important
You will remember to take a break when you become frustrated or find yourself in a heated debate due to either of the parties fail to choose peace over ego.
3. Think before you share
You will report any toxic behavior to an administrator/Moderator and provide screenshots of conversations.
4. Embrace change
You understand that people in the moderator roles are subject to change, and recognize that guidelines in this document can be discussed openly with other moderators active in their role.
5. Be respectful of others and where they’re coming from.
You understand that moderators from different regions will have different interpretations of model behavior, however, you promise to have an open mind when escalating any behavior that is out of the basic participation guidelines for all users.
Please don’t use ELP Community Forum to
- Attack a person or group of people with words and actions
- Spam the forum or people’s comment
- Impersonating someone in a misleading or deceptive manner
- Script or cheat maliciously
- Write inflammatory comments
- Share Illegal & Pornographic content or Personal confidential information
- Associated with racism or intolerance
Please don’t waste your time looking for loopholes; we will remove any content that violates the spirit of these guidelines and you will risk losing partial or full access to ELP Community Forum without warning. By following these guidelines, we will all contribute to an interesting and helpful community of Language Lovers.